The 25th Ward Office, on the advice of the Chicago Department of Planning and Development and Department of Housing, presented a short list of community stakeholders that would assist in the planning and execution of the community engagement process. This process is being led by City hired consultants (AECOM, Urban Works, KOO Architecture) who will then present a recommendation report to the community before submitting to the City’s Plan Commission to adopt into the City’s Qualified Allocation Plan for 2023.
Criteria for an invitation for this group were as follows, potential stakeholders need to meet at least three to be invited. These invites were sent out directly in early August and initial meetings with the consultants took place in late August and early September, in preparation for the broader community engagement sessions to take place in October 2022.
- Resident of Pilsen – especially close neighbors of the 18th & Peoria site
- Attended at least three of the 25th Ward Housing Working Group Meetings
- Have some expertise in subject matter regarding Housing and Urban Development
- Have the capacity to join evening meetings with smaller group via zoom and in-person
- Holds no conflicts of interest in the eventual bidding on the development of the site
The stakeholder group is made up of 16 members of the 25th Ward & 2 subject matter experts in academia. Of the 16, six are members of non-profit organizations in Pilsen and ten are part of the community at large.